CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

alisha

alisha

The Dryer recently popped into Aisha Morgan's Nettle & Moss cosmetics hotspot, where some of her fab clients shared their hair experiences with us. There was, too, a rather informative product-based discussion and demonstration, complete with hors d' oeuvres and J Wray & Nephew's über-refreshing cocktails for the sipping...

(Photos: Jermaine Barnaby)

jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Dr-pat11

The Guests:

Ruth Carey, Keisha Ferguson, Lee-Ann Steele, Kris-Anne Steele, Anya Cushnie, Sophia Perue, Keesha Fisher, Renee Whitehorne, Gillian and six-year-old daughter Gianna Ferguson, Tameka Jordan and daughters Makenzy (two years old) and Madison (four years old).

jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Aisha-13
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Gianna12

Featured Products:
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Demo-211
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Aisha-14

o Kinky Curly - Knot Today leave-in conditioner/Tiny Twirls detangling conditioner, and curling custard (for natural hair)

o Jane Carter Solutions curl defining cream (for natural hair)

o Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Creme (for natural hair)

o Eyl Castor Oil (for all hair types)

o Jessicurl hair-cleansing cream, Too Shea moisturising conditioner, weekly deep-conditioning treatment and oil blend (for all hair types)

o Blended Beauty curly frizz pudding (for all hair types)

Product Talk
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Aisha-15

Eyl Castor Oil
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Gianna13

Castor oil is great for hot oil treatments. It is used to moisturise the hair strands, facilitate healthy growth and eliminate scalp issues. Although castor oil is rich in a variety of nutrients that work wonders for all hair types, some people find its scent unbearable, however, other natural oils like olive, coconut and jojoba will do, .

Jane Carter Solutions
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Sophia12

"This is very effective for curl definition and moisture," Morgan explains to our team. "It is also very light," she continues, "and I find that a lot of persons who come looking for Kinky Curly end up leaving with it instead. There's also the Jane Carter nourish and shine moisturiser, which I think is excellent." The curl defining cream, unlike other activators, does not cause the hair to shrink, while the moisturiser is fortified with vitamins and essential oils that your hair and scalp needs.

Blended Beauty
jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Renee-11

jamaican hair salon talk real hair! for ladies with natural hair. Gillia11
Nettle & Moss carries a wide variety of Blended Beauty products which are fast becoming popular among ladies with natural hair. The curly frizz pudding from the brand is always in high demand, as it not only helps to define, moisturise and condition curls, but is also great for a soft hold. It also reduces frizz and may be used with other styling products.

Jessicurl

Another highly rated product by customers and hairstylists alike, Jessicurl is well known and widely used. Its intensive weekly deep-conditioning moisture treatment strengthens and hydrates hair, while the Too Shea daily moisturising conditioner is excellent for combating dryness and breakage. The oil blend is a wonderful, aromatic combination of avocado, jojoba and coconut oils for softness. Blend it with your weekly deep-conditioning treatment for added moisture. You can also try the hair-cleansing cream for a gentle, sulphate-free shampoo.

Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Creme

Morgan tells our team that this all-in-one product is simply "fantastic". It is a good curl definer, and it's cream-based so it helps with moisture and softness. The best news is, it also works well for people with texturised hair. It's also very easy to use, just apply to wet hair (prior to blotting/drying), then scrunch hair with your hands to moisturise and define. Plus, "it smells great", which Aisha gladly explained was her "favourite thing about it".

Questions/Answers

Keisha: How do you use the Eyl castor oil product?

AM: Well, my hair is relaxed, so I use it as a deep-conditioning treatment. I apply it to my scalp and hair shaft, put a steam cap on and apply heat for a little while. If I have some free time, I mix it into the Jessicurl weekly deep-conditioning treatment and let it sit for a while, then I use a soft shampoo and moisturising conditioner to finish. You can also use the Jessicurl oil blend along with the deep-conditioner. I like to use the Eyl castor oil by itself as a deep treatment, but if you're a purist, raw coconut oil is also excellent for this purpose.

Kinky Curly

This brand works very well on most hair types, and has a huge following among black women. Nettle & Moss carries the line — Tiny Twirls detangling conditioner for children, or Knot Today leave-in conditioner and detangler for adults, and Kinky Curly curling custard, which can be used to define curls. There's also the Come Clean moisturising shampoo, the Spiral Spritz, which is used to refresh curls after a few days of styling, and a Gloss Pomade from the same brand for added shine.

Nettle & Moss boss Aisha Morgan recommends the Kinky Curly line for persons who want curl definition and moisture without a lot of build-up to weigh the hair down.

Sophia: I find that whenever I use the Knot Today, it flakes in my hair and makes it very white, what causes that, and how can it be prevented?

AM: That is caused by one of two reasons, firstly the product is to be used on wet hair at all times, so if you apply it when your hair is dry or not completely clean, it will definitely get flaky. If your hair has build-up or grease, this will also happen. Another reason could be that you are using too much of the product. You are required to use only a pea-sized amount for your entire head; the water in your hair will help to ensure that the product is evenly distributed. Also, if you use too much of it, your hair will take a long time to dry, so the trick is to use the leave-in conditioner generously and the custard sparingly.

Anya: I like to slick my hair back, but gels tend to dry my hair out, or make it stiff, and cause it to break. I'm yet to find a product that gives me a firm hold, with great curl definition at the same time. Would you recommend Kinky Curly?

AM: Certainly. The key is to use the Knot Today or Tiny Twirls to comb through wet hair first, then apply the curling custard to activate and define the curls — they work best together. It is a gel-based natural product, so you can also get a light hold.

Anya: What about other products?

AM: The Curl Junkie Aloe Fix would be great. It is more of a traditional gel that gives a little curl definition, so it's a very good holding agent. You can also use the Coffee Coco for curls, and the Aloe Fix for hold on top of that. Blended Beauty curly frizz pudding is another great option for both, but it gives a soft hold.

Gillian: Would the Tiny Twirls work as well with the curling custard in my six-year-old daughter's hair, or is there Tiny Twirls curling custard for kids?

AM: Yes, it is perfectly safe for children, and will indeed work on your daughter's hair for curl definition, as well as to lock in moisture and prevent frizzing. Depending on her hair texture, you might not even need to use the curling custard. I can actually do a demonstration right now to show you how it works.

Demonstration 1 - Kinky Curly for super-cute Tiny Twirls

Morgan then performs a demonstration using the Tiny Twirls detangling conditioner and curling custard on a section of Gianna's hair, to show the difference in textures after using the products.

My Hair Story: Relaxed to natural (Lee-Ann Steele)

"Lee-Ann is my hero," Aisha says, smiling. "Long before it was cool to do the big chop, she was the first person I knew who cut off all her hair in order to go natural... I'm inviting her to share her hair story with us today." Lee-Ann then chronicles her journey for Under The Dryer: she had her hair relaxed when she was young in order to make it more manageable, and realised that in order to ensure that it looked good and stayed healthy, she would "literally have to become a slave to my hair".

"I started transitioning by trying to grow it out while the ends were still relaxed. It was a very tedious process, then one day while I was packing for my vacation in France, I realised my sole concern was 'what on earth am I going to do with my hair?' That was when I decided to just do the big chop," she shares. It was a struggle at first to get reacquainted with her natural hair, and find the right products for her hair type. "Kinky Curly was my breakthrough," Steele explains.

It has been over 10 years now, her hair has grown and flourished. She has tried a number of products but finds that Kinky Curly works magnificently. She's totally happy with her natural hair. "I find that I have a range of styling options, and I'm happy to have found a regime that works for me," she says with a satisfied smile.

Demonstration 2 - Kinky Curly can transform your hair texture

After nibbling on hors d' oeuvres flavoured with friendly chatter, jokes galore and J Wray & Nephew bar service in-between, it's time for another demonstration. Aisha shows how the Kinky Curly Knot Today and curling custard work together for amazing, frizz-free curl definition, with added moisture for adult hair. The process is pretty much the same as the first, but this time Renee Whitehorne — a self-professed Kinky Curly fanatic — volunteers. "I have very African hair," she says laughing. "It's dry, with no curls at all. I'm willing to let Aisha do my whole head so you can all see how great Kinky Curly is. It really works." Here are the results.

Contact Nettle & Moss at:

44 Lady Musgrave Road

Kingston 10

Tel: 978-9889

Fax: 978-7482

info@nettleandmoss.com

www.facebook.com/nettleandmoss

kingjacob

good on these ladies for embracing their
natural hair.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: