CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

VERACRUZ, Panama — Jamaica's young footballers are bidding for a place in the FIFA Under-17 World Cup later this year, but the management team is doing all it can to stress the importance of a good education.

Since their arrival in the Central American country on April 4, the squad of 20 players has had regular study sessions, overseen mainly by manager Jean Nelson and head of delegation Patrick Malcolm.

(From left) Reserve National Under-17 goalkeeper Donald Francis looks on, while head coach Wendell Downswell, manager Jean Nelson and assistant coach Omar Edwards are locked in discussion during breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental Playa Bonita in Panama. The Young Reggae Boyz are competing in the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship. (PHOTO: SANJAY MYERS)

Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  Downswell
Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  DownswellJamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  Loading

Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  X(From left) Reserve National Under-17 goalkeeper Donald Francis looks on, while head coach Wendell Downswell, manager Jean Nelson and assistant coach Omar Edwards are locked in discussion during breakfast at the Hotel Intercontinental Playa Bonita in Panama. The Young Reggae Boyz are competing in the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship. (PHOTO: SANJAY MYERS)Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  Restore

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}

Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  Left1/1 Jamaica's young footballers continue to hit the booksare  Right
Nelson stressed that though doing well at the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship is vital, the youngsters' academic duties will not be put in the shade.
"It is very important for them to do their schoolwork. What we did was to get academic programmes for the (various) subject areas. The composition of this team means we have eight overseas-based players and most of those do virtual or online studies.
"We monitor the local-based ones as well. The HOD is also a principal (of a primary school) and he is helping in that regard. We try to co-ordinate as best as possible and get them to put in some hours to study," she told the Jamaica Observer.
"Football is just a part of life... there are probably 10 or 15 years to play football, but after that they have the rest of their lives, so that is where the education is important," Nelson added.
There is no designated teacher travelling with the team, so how can the Young Boyz be taught?
According to Nelson, the tactic is simple; get the more advanced ones to pull the others into shape.
"It can be difficult, but we just have to make do. We try to pool them in subjects that are similar, though they may not be at the same level. We get the ones who are strong in certain areas to help the others," she said.
The overseas-based Malcolm Stewart, who is attached to K12 International — an online school — said he made the jump from traditional learning in order to make his dream possible.
"I started (at K12) this January after the Christmas break because when I found I made the (provisional) national side, I had to do that in order to play. It is tough doing it online because it's different from traditional school, but it's for the best, so I can play for Jamaica. It's my dream to play for Jamaica and catching up with schoolwork online is also a big thing so I don't fall behind (in my studies)," said the 16-year-old defender.
The burly central defender Rushane McClymont, 17, is also quite keen on hitting the books whenever he gets an opportunity.
"Sometimes we get a break from training or from matches, I have to catch up during those hours, so I can balance the schoolwork and football. I know though I'm here for football I also have to concentrate on my studies," assured the St Elizabeth Technical student.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum