CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art

+7
JustinBieber
DesertSmoothy
KINGJESUS!
mk1
alisha
qq892h
BOBmarleyADMIN
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic

A stool (above) and a bench (right) carved by Casie Nicely.

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic1

Bowls carved from tree stumps by Casie Nicely.-Photos by Amitabh Sharma
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic2

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic3

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic4

A footrest carved from a tree stump by Gilbert Nicely.

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic5

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic6

An intricately carved chest made by Gilbert Nicely - Photo by Amitabh Sharma
The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Arts-rustic7

Table created from tree stumps by Casie Nicely.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Amitabh Sharma, Contributor
Creativity, it is said, is all about thinking out of the box, making the imagination soar and letting the free spirits take over. What if the proverbial box were chopped with a chainsaw?
This menacing tool, which has inspired many gory, blood-oozing horror flicks, has taken a creative dimension in the hands of Gilbert Nicely and his daughter, Casie Nicely, carving out rustic furniture from driftwood, tree stumps, and barks.
"I never felt intimated by the chainsaw," said Casie Nicely, "and when Daddy gave me a chance to use it, I felt that I was in control."
This tool of the trade is a legacy that was passed on from father to daughter.
"I saw my dad using the chainsaw. He made bowls and baskets," Casie said. "He showed me the techniques to hold the stumps between the feet and use the chainsaw to carve."
She was 16 then, and there has been no looking back since.
Her father, who is 76 this year, has been in the trade for 40 years.
"I wanted to be a painter," recalled the elder Nicely. "I could not find the brushes and the paint, so I turned to making things out of wood."
Their creations are not symmetrical or geometrically precise, but encapsulate the wildness and vastness of nature. And there begins the creative journey.
"We use a lot of driftwood, and most of it comes from the beach," Casie informed. "I am often at the beach, or if there is land being cleared away to build houses, or even when a road is being constructed."
The best time, she said, is during the hurricane season. "It is my favourite time of the year," she said coyly, adding that she is not happy with the destruction that this extreme weather phenomenon brings, but with the amount of debris and wood that's scattered around, it is like hitting a treasure trove.
Creative juices run in the family. Casie's elder brothers, Omar and Otis Nicely, join the process. While Omar sketches, Otis carves busts out of stone and does ceramics.
The only help Casie says she needs is for her brothers and father to move big pieces of wood. "I love to stay in a little corner and do my work," she said. "I do most of the work and then surprise them. My dad would sometime tell me what to do."
SELF-TAUGHT
The Nicelys are self-taught creative professionals, evolving and learning as they work. They say that since they work with natural material, with minimal intervention to alter the shape, it is the same nature that inspires them.
Like her father, Casie wanted to be a painter. She used to paint on dried woodskin, before the love of the chainsaw took over.
"I was always looked at by my friends and peers as someone who would be best suited to work in an office or even to become a model," Casie said.
She did get a chance to walk the runway when she was 17, Casie says, but she turned it down.
Age hasn't slowed Gilbert down. His hands are steady and firm as he continues to create. Casie, on the other hand, is flattening out, chiselling and creating her own runway and sustaining her father's legacy.
Their creative journey continues to get nature's abundant gifts and convert them to pieces of rustic art.
"I like to go to anywhere along the coast," Casie said. "As long as the vehicle can hold something, I will carry it."
amitabh.sharma@hotmail.com
The Secret Life of PetsThe beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Ir?t=maz4e-21&l=am2&o=2&a=B01HPCFN8O

qq892h

qq892h

" The job of the artist is always to deepen the mystery."I love you

alisha

alisha

Every unique work of art is beautiful; just like when God created all living things, each are of individual designs, individual purposes, but still, all are beautiful.

mk1

look at that treasure chest? awesome!!!!!!!!!

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_li9mhekR1t1qhjikro1_500

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_lz9bkx4ImC1qzado8o1_500

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_m3gba9uxg31qakh43o1_250

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Whitneyhouston

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_li9mk1WC4u1qhjikro1_500

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_lwlkdoCeRJ1r0fe6qo8_r1_250

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7hZ_wWroCvhIuHeQDlAoe7EDu_GRQ8ge3ugQJakBWrnyNVJftRw

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_lz9ez53sdo1qi88igo1_500

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_lz9ps6vfTi1qcp32lo1_500

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art Tumblr_m30uoxRSBa1qc41wuo4_r2_250

KINGJESUS!

KINGJESUS!

Human Beings Need to Repent.  Art is beauty by nature, you can see art in everything around us.  Jesus Christ is Art.

https://youtu.be/yf8bqve_mMY

The beauty and nature of rustic Jamaican art  Converting Nature's Gifts To Rustic Art African_jesus

DesertSmoothy

DesertSmoothy

I like the pirate of the caribbean treasure chest

JustinBieber

JustinBieber

LOVE ART TO THE MAX

GraceJones

GraceJones

My Aunty is an artist, she could sit and draw all of this in no time.

BigBossAdmin

BigBossAdmin

getting artsy!!

SECRET

SECRET

I am begining to feel hungry.

After8mint

After8mint

Hungry for Art!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: