CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography DKKDPhotographyA20130815C

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography DKKDPhotographyC20130815C

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography DKKDPhotographyD20130815C

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography DKKDPhotographyE20130815C

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography DKKDPhotographyF20130815C

Fashion forward with DK-KD Photography DKKDPhotographyG20130815C

1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Krysta Anderson, Gleaner Writer
Fashion may very well be one of the most powerful art forms in existence, and aspiring photographer Dayna-K Keane-Dawes knows all too well about that view. In her explorations of professional pursuits, she has decided to indulge in her passion by travelling down the route of fashion to capture priceless pieces of art.
The 24-year-old photographer shared with Flair her pictorial beginnings, confessing that the art form found her. "Growing up, I had a fleeting interest in several things - never really committed to any extra-curricular, or had a particular affinity for any subject. I had encountered many things I liked but never anything worth doing continuously," remarked Keane-Dawes.
After graduating from Immaculate Conception High in 2008, she migrated to Atlanta that same year, and attended high school again, "It was in those two years, which I like to think of as my own personal sixth form, that I discovered my love for photography. Or rather it discovered me." Her affinity for the arts developed from then on and she made the decision to pursue a career in that field.
Keane-Dawes admitted that she was never really good at traditional art, like the drawing and painting. She gravitated towards graphic arts before falling in love with photography, "My teacher would always let me do everything digitally because that's where I felt most comfortable." She continued, "When I started that photography class, everything came easily and felt natural. I had honestly never felt so at home with anything before. I had a little digital camera I used to run around with at Immaculate, but this was a whole new ball game. We spent most of the time doing film photography, learning the whole process from initially loading the film in the camera right down to the developing process. I ultimately preferred photography as it captures the essence of things that cannot be created by computer, and thus sparked the flame."
self-taught
Being self-taught, the transition from traditional film to digital, which she made on her own, was one which occurred due to the nature of the industry. "Cinematography is a lot more expensive, especially purchasing the equipment for the process. It was just easier to buy a digital camera."
She started out capturing nature and landscape, before graduating to the exciting world of fashion, "Nature and landscape are all about capturing what you see. With fashion, I get to put more into process. It gives a little more freedom as it relates to creativity."
With this personal pursuit came sacrifices, and these included family and school. She explained, "I forfeited my scholarship to attend college and study chemistry, because I realised my heart was in photography. My family was not pleased about my decision. We are currently no longer in dialogue, since they are not supportive of my dream." She has also had to sacrifice home, staying in Jamaica to do what she loves.
In the process of starting a portraits service, she will be offering family, maternity, newborn and self-portraits with the convenience of them being done in the comfort of your home or their desired space, rather than making the location confined to a studio. She has expressed interest in working with models, stating that, ideally, her dream job would be working for a prestigious magazine like Vogue.
She still has dreams of attending Savannah College for Arts and Design, but it is proving quite difficult due to financial constraints. She has been advised to pursue photography locally but refuses to compromise on the quality of her education, declaring that she doesn't see the point in attending a school that does not offer the required necessities.
Her advice to aspiring photographers, "Do your research first to get some idea of the process before buying a camera. Teach yourself about the industry first."
krysta.anderson@gleanerjm.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum