CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

TEARS seemed to have caught Kimone Beckford off guard last Thursday as she listened to her 17-year-old son's acceptance speech in awe.
Luckily, the proud mother's handkerchief was in her handbag, and when she darted from the podium to fetch it, the equally smitten audience at Jamalco's award ceremony for its Educational Assistance Programme empathised.

Awardees of this year’s Jamalco Educational Assistance Programme pose with Leo Lambert, manager of corporate services and government affairs at Jamalco; and Mark Nicely, president of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association among other Jamalco representatives (back row) following Thursday’s ceremony.
Relesha Tinoll shows off her scholarship letter following the award ceremony for this year’s Jamalco Educational Assistance Programme. (PHOTOS: KARL MCLARTY)
Kimone Beckford and her son 17-year-old Giovanni Walker are all smiles after the youngster collected his award on Thursday.
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Awardees_w445Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Relesha-Tinoll_w445Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Giovanni-and-mom_w445
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Awardees_w445Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Relesha-Tinoll_w445Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Giovanni-and-mom_w445
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Loading

Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech XAwardees of this year’s Jamalco Educational Assistance Programme pose with Leo Lambert, manager of corporate services and government affairs at Jamalco; and Mark Nicely, president of the Jamaica Teachers’ Association among other Jamalco representatives (back row) following Thursday’s ceremony.

Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Restore
#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Left1/3 Jamaica) Bright 17 yr old brought his mom to tears with excellent speech Right

Giovanni Walker, a student of Glenmuir High School in May Pen, Clarendon, passed 10 Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC) examinations. Nine of his passes were distinctions, while the other was a credit.
The youngster was among 23 secondary and tertiary-level students awarded by the bauxite company located in Clarendon. His mother's grin was wider than his.
"I was very overwhelmed. I know that it was because of him why I was standing there and so I got a little nervous. I couldn't hold back the tears," she said.
Beckford's nervousness was brought on by the presence of dozens of other brilliant students and accomplished men, such as attorney-at-law Leo Lambert, manager of corporate services and government affairs at Jamalco; and Mark Nicely, recently elected president of the Jamaica Teachers' Association, who all listened attentively as her son spoke.
"I was very proud, a very proud mother standing there," she said, adding that she had done everything to ensure that Giovanni, the first of her three children, had enough to excel at school. Cleaning people's houses, she said, was just the start of her efforts.
"I do cleaning for a living. I don't have any other trade. I clean house on the weekends and if I get something, and I am not too tired during the week, I will do it," she said after taking the microphone from her son.
"But most of the times I didn't have any work so I had to hustle some mango, likkle ackee, and so forth. Sometimes is me even climb the tree and go pick them cause me can climb," she said with a laugh.
The audience laughed with her, and burst into louder laughter when she stressed that "nuh gyal" could not have distracted her son from his studies.
"He is a very bright child from primary school, even from baby school. He is always getting good grades and certificates," she boasted, listing a few of his certificates. "Is a good pickney, him polite and him go church every Sunday."
Giovanni said he would like to become an aviation engineer "because I'm very good with my hands and I have a passion for aviation". He said that he will start that journey by pursuing a degree in engineering at the University of Technology next year.
Among the other top awardees were Sheree Higgins, who passed 10 subjects with eight distinctions and two credits; Sashana Small, who passed nine subjects with five distinctions, three credits and a pass; and Shanelle Davidson, with seven credits and two passes.
Unlike Giovanni and many of the others, however, Relesha Tinoll, 19, had no guardians wishing her well during Thursday's awards ceremony.
Relesha lives with her grandparents in Lionel Town and has very little support from her biological parents.
The graduate of Vere Technical High School obtained seven CSEC passes with five distinctions, including chemistry and biology, and two grade two. She was a little upset during the ceremony but was bent on not letting her troubles greatly hinder her happiness.
"My grandmother runs a small cook shop, and it is she who sends me to school with the little money that she makes. Sometimes I didn't have lunch money or bus fare and I had to lean on my teachers to get through the day," she said, after accepting her award.
"I wanted my grandmother to be here but she had to sell in the shop so she couldn't come. And my grandfather has arthritis so he couldn't come either. But I got over it because I am used to it," she said.
Relesha also passed seven units at the Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) level, and plans to pursue a career in Forensic Chemistry.
On Thursday, Lambert lauded the graduates and urged them to use their scholarship as a "visa in their passport to education".
"The global economy is in a crisis and the bauxite industry is a victim. However, instead of cutting back on education we have incrementally increased what we are spending," Lambert said.
"I want to congratulate the recipients and put the contribution that we have made as Jamalco stamping the visa in their passports."
According to Lambert, in the last five years Jamalco has invested over $50 million in the education of Jamaicans in and around the company's location.
This year's awards were valued at $3.5 million, he said.

leofans

leofans

Im very proud of this bright young spark!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum