CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort DSC_0700ALB
CHEF ON THE RISE: Ainsley Lambie, Executive Chef at Coyaba Beach Resort DSC_0709ALB

Chef Ainsley Lambie presents his lobster platter.

.remove_caption{ display:none; }

While he considers his time spent whipping up creative concoctions in kitchens everywhere, from Italy to the United States, invaluable, Executive Chef at the Coyaba Beach Resort Ainsley Lambie is proud to call himself Jamaican. Hailing from the cool climes of Great Pond in St Ann, this culinary virtuoso is destined for even greater things. Certified as Pro Chef by the Culinary Institute of America while attending the HEART Academy, Lambie has worked his way up the ranks of some of the island's top hotels; including The Ciboney Hotel, Half Moon Club, The Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall, Tryall Club, and Boscobel Beach Hotel. His enthusiasm for what he does is almost contagious, and his creations are an absolute treat for the senses. Thursday Life gets to know the man behind the magic.
My passion for food started... years ago when as the oldest child of six children I was the one cooking at home for the family as both parents 'worked out'. My mom's family was great with food so I guess it's in the genes, but truly my mom and grandfather taught me a lot. Those days we only cooked with fresh herbs and spices and the food was great, I still remember those native flavours. At school it grew more when I did a course in food and nutrition where on many occasions I prepared basic dishes for my teachers and classmates, the look on their faces was pleasing to me, so from that day I decided I wanted to see more pleased faces.
I have been in the business for... 24 years and it's been a bittersweet road, but in this profession it's all about the love for food, either you're passionate or not, during these years I have worked at the Ciboney Hotel now known as Sandals Grand Ocho Rios, then overseas for sometime. I came back to Jamaica where I joined the Ritz-Carlton Hotel and worked my way to sous chef at the White Witch Restaurant, (also while at the Ritz-Carlton I worked at some of their properties in Miami, Coconut Grove and Naples, Florida; I was also certified by Culinary Institute of America). I then moved on to Half Moon Hotel as chef de cuisine for Sugar Mill Restaurant, after which I was the executive chef for Tryall Hotel for three years. I also spent a little time at Beaches Boscobel Hotel then was given the opportunity to be the executive chef at Coyaba Hotel where I have been for the last three years.
My larder must-haves are...
a variety of Jamaican products I can find like pimento, jerk spices, ginger, curry powder, limes, cilantro, basil, rosemary, peppermint, peppercorn and Scotch bonnet pepper, there are more but I'll stop here.
What keeps me passionate about food is...
the creation of new dishes and the different types of cuisine and how they just mix and come together like a beautiful rainbow, but this rainbow is tasty, and just having our guests saying Jamaican cuisine is great.
Jamaica is a great food destination because...

of the various types of fruits, vegetables, fish, herbs and spices we are blessed with, and we need to spread this to the world. Our hotel guests marvel at the quality of our food, so we need to do a better job educating the people on how to utilise old versions of our foods and modernise it to international standard and share with our people and the world.
We could be even greater if...

in most of our hotels, we push Jamaican cuisines especially in the dishes served, including techniques, spices and herbs should be present and would make our identity seen. Just think... the work of great food will always spread, and that should be the new Jamaican cuisine.
RECIPES

Escoveitch Lobster Cakes

Ingredients:
1 oz chopped lobster meat
1/2 tsp chopped sweet pepper
1/2 tsp chopped basil
1/2 tsp chopped escallion
1/2 tsp chopped onion
1 clove chopped garlic
1/2 tsp chopped cilantro
Salt to taste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
1 egg white
Olive oil to sautée
Escoveitch sauce
Method:

Season lobster meat with garlic, salt and pepper. Grill until cooked (do not overcook). Allow to cool. In a medium bowl, add chopped lobster, sweet pepper, basil, escallion, cilantro, mayonnaise, mustard, breadcrumbs and egg white. Fold together. Add salt to taste. Mould into round shapes and use additional panko to coat. Pan-sear in olive oil and serve atop with escoveitch sauce.
Jerk Lobster Summer Roll

Ingredients:

1 oz Julienne red bell pepper
1/2 tsp Julienne green bell pepper
5 grams Julienne carrots
5 grams Julienne red onions
1/2 tsp chopped basil
1/2 tsp chopped garlc
1/2 tsp chopped Scotch bonnet pepper
Salt to taste
1 cup cooked rice noodles
1 cup spread lettuce
1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
Jerk marinade
2 sheets of spring roll paper
Method:

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and toss lightly. Immerse spring roll sheet in warm water until soft.
Add mixture on wrap and roll. Serve with a guava dipping sauce which is a combination of one tablespoon of sour cream amd 1 tablespoon of guava puree.
Papaya Lobster Salad

Ingredients:

1 oz diced papaya
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 clove chopped garlic
1/2 tsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp fine diced red peppers
Salt to taste
1 clove pepper
1 tbsp chopped basil
2 tbsp mango juice
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp vinegar
Fresh lime juice
Method:

Cut lobster in half. Season with garlic, olive oil and bake. Allow to cool, then medium-dice lobster. Make dressing by whipping together mayo, vinegar, mango juice, mustard, lime juice, and sugar. In a bowl, add the lobster meat, onions, peppers, cilantro, basil, papaya, lightly toss with dressing. Serve with baby green lettuce.
Pumpkin and Lobster Ravioli

Ingredients:
1 oz chopped blanched pumpkin
1/2 tsp chopped basil
1/2 tsp chopped escallion
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp chopped Scotch bonnet pepper
Salt to taste
1clove pepper
1 tbsp Pepper Jack cheese
14 wonton skins
1 egg white
1 cup olive oil to fry
Method:

Season lobster meat with chopped garlic and olive oil. Sauté until cooked (do not overcook). Allow to cool. In a medium bowl, add chopped lobster, pumpkin, basil, escallion, cilantro, Scotch bonnet pepper and pepper jack cheese. Fold together and add salt to taste. Brush wonton wrap with egg white then add filling, brush another wonton skin and place on top with Scotch bonnet guacamole. To make dip, add sour cream to guacamole and chopped Scotch bonnet pepper.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum