CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
The strength of a woman! EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
The strength of a woman! EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
The strength of a woman! EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
The strength of a woman! EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
The strength of a woman! EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
The strength of a woman! EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
The strength of a woman! EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
The strength of a woman! EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]The strength of a woman! …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]The strength of a woman! …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

The strength of a woman!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OH The strength of a woman! Thu 6 Feb 2014 - 23:44

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

The strength of a woman! Portia-by-flag

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller

.remove_caption{ display:none; }

TODAY, we share some of the responses to yesterday's first instalment of Desmond Allen's interview marking Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller's 40th anniversary of her entry into representational politics:
LRH

The malcontent within the Labour Party will be abated/cool, at some point. While we wait, must we suffer through an embrace of the current Prime Minister by both daily newspapers? Could the Daily Observer maintain the objective analysis of this country's management — by any Government — that it is known to steadily accomplish? Though disappointed by the Labour Party's internal leadership selection process, we mustn't abandon good judgement due to discord.
PLBOGLE

This is not about a political party or a Government!! This is about the accomplishment of an inspirational woman!! The pages of history have been written by ordinary people who had something extraordinary to do with their lives! Portia Simpson Miller's life, is the perfect example!!! A phenomenal and remarkable woman!! Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against the overwhelming odds."
RAGGIDY

Much respect to PM Portia Simpson. True warrior. Reminds me so much of Nanny. Jamaica is better because of you. Thanks Observer for this info. I have gained more respect for our PM because of this article.
EARLYBIRD

She has personally grown but what has Jamaica got to show from this, her phenomenality?
TELLDITRUTH

I always say she reminds me of Nanny. Some people are destined to be great. History will tell! They said Bolt was too tall for sprinting, he proved them wrong. Who God bless no man curse!
DAVID

Greetings, Desmond. Very interesting feature on the Most Honourable Prime Minister. Am looking forward to reading the entire volume of works. Your style of writing this feature is also very interesting and engaging. Am sure you will do extremely well in your new post — Special Assignment which I think will give you the opportunity to publish stories/features that are truly in-depth and we both know that those are sadly lacking. However am concerned about the Observer's editorial today which states loosely in my opinion that "... and in which she defeated three outstanding men, all of whom had doctorates". I could be wrong but I do not recall (maybe an unfortunate turn of phrase!) Karl Blythe having a doctorate but rather a medical degree.
JAH KNOW

The overwhelming choice of the hungry masses. Good god almighty!
CALABASH MAN

After reading this article by Desmond Allen I am thinking that he must have done a lot of work with some famous authors. I can see a mixture of Harold Robins, Barbara Cartland, Sidney Sheldon and Danielle Steel here. To be able to combine adventure, romance and suspense in a political genre is surely a work of art. I am looking forward to reading the rest of your novel soon.
JRWW

Wow, the strength of this woman!
ANTHONY

Mr Allen, if you know any of the theories of attitude change (or if you Google "attitude change theories" and read upon some of these), you will find that attitude change is a hell of a ting! Once people mek up dem mind bout certain things, yuh couda preach like Paul, it nuh mek nuh difference! It takes more than platitudes to effect attitude change. Something compelling has to happen with regard to the issue (thing around which the attitude revolves: "Portia Simpson") in order for the attitude to change. So, regardless of how much platitudes are heaped upon the head of the PM, people are not simply going to change their attitudes. The feedback to your article so far bears this out. In order for the attitude to change, the PM HAS TO DO SOMETHING OF SIGNIFICANCE, and something that matters to Jamaicans. This constant harping on her background and her love for the poor and hungry masses has been wearing thin! People have heard that story; so while attitude change could be provoked by a discussion of the issue and presentation of the good points about the issue, the fact is Jamaicans already have heard the story; it is not novel. So, as the attitude theorists will tell, those things have been absorbed and are part of the "Portia Simpson schema". Jamaicans hear dat aready; dem know, so it nuh matter nuh more. I hope this information on attitudes and attitude change might help.
SS_JJ

A wah dis? Election time come already?
KARL

I do hope you plan to balance your fawning article on the Prime Minister with mention of the resurgence of crime, steady descent of the dollar and dizzying rise of the cost of living. As you can tell I am not at all impressed with her but then again none on either side has my confidence or respect.
DELANO

I'm no fan, but excellent piece on Simpson Miller. Very well written and highly educational. Didn't have some of the detailed info.
RORO

We congratulate the PM on her 40 years in public/political life. No one can deny that she is a strong and charismatic woman who, as Desmond Allen put it, is endeared by the masses. Her rise to the highest office in the land was unlikely as it was spectacular, given her background. There are those who question her intellect but none can deny that she possesses a tremendous amount of emotional intelligence which allows her to connect with persons and thus endear herself to them .The masses identify with her and she is well loved by them. Personally I do not prejudice her regarding her education/intellect. It takes some amount of smart and savvy to reach where she has. Brazil's previous prime minister was not an educated man (I believe he achieved an 8th grade level education) but was Brazil's most successful, setting them on the path of economic prowess. Education is not a precursor to competence or greatness which leads me to my next point. The PM will be judged by her accomplishments. Crime is our greatest challenge right now as a nation the highly influential but absentee prime minister needs to come out and publicly declare war on crime. Regardless of whose portfolio it is the magnitude of the problem requires her attention. What most persons have a problem with is the PM's malice with the Jamaican people, lack of transparency around foreign dealings and not taking the crime issue by the horns. She must tackle the crime issue head on if this country is to change trajectory.
XAMYCA

Nice eulogy, biography, or whatever else you might call it but don't forget next time to tell us how all of this is instrumental in carrying us to the "Promised land". Remember that most of us don't worship our political leaders but only expect them to perform admirably for the greater good of JAMAICA ... not the party.
SANDRA REECE

She is doing a good job and more people must respect her for what she is doing.
BETTERHASCOME

Oh yes! It is impressive that someone can be from humble beginnings and rise to become prime minister. In this case, however, that is where the inspiring awe ends.
ILUVJA

Okaaaaay... Maybe it's me... but this should have been written about her in the beginning. People like me is wondering... What the heck is she doing now that the ball is in her court???? I'm so sad right now, I feel like we're moving backwards instead of forward.
PGS

Desmond, your first part left me hungry. I am looking forward to the rest of the interview.
See tomorrow's Observer for the second instalment of Portia Simpson Miller — the 40th anniversary interview.

2OH Re: The strength of a woman! Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 19:43

GINSENG

GINSENG

Women are much stronger than how we men might grow up to believe.  There is no weaker sex its just a mind game.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum