CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

V.G

V.G

BETTY BOOP:Famous White Cartoon Character BETTY BOOP Turned Out To Be A black Woman? 10615611
American writer at Hellobeautiful wrote:

I was just scrolling through my Facebook feed when I stopped on a woman who bore a striking resemblance to cartoon, Betty Boop. Although the photo was black and white, I could still tell that the women looked Black. After reading the caption, I found out that the women who inspired the sassy cartoon character was Black!

Rachel Stewart is reporting, Ms. Esther Jones is a singer who was known by her stage name, “Baby Esther.” She was an African-American entertainer in the late 1920s. Her singing style often included, “Boop oop a doop.” She performed regularly at the The Cotton Club in Harlem and that’s where fellow singer, Helen Kane saw her act and was inspired enough to take Esther’s baby singing style and called it her own and recorded, “I Wanna Be Loved By You.”

After that, Max Fleischer created Betty Boop, a cartoon character who’s voice sounded a lot like Baby Esther’s and who’s named obviously borrowed from Esther’s signature, “Boop oop a doop.”
In 1932, Kane filed a lawsuit again Paramount Corporation for “exploiting her image.” After a two year legal struggle, Kane lost the case as Paramount was able to prove that Kane did not uniquely originate or have claim to the Betty Boop style of singing or look. Paramount proved this by showing Clara Bow (a Paramount Actress) also had the Betty Boop style of dress and hair.

Evidence was produced that Kane actually derived that singing style from watching Baby Esther perform at the Cotton Club several years before the creation of the Betty Boop character.
Supreme Court Judge Edward J. McGoldrick ruled: “The plaintiff has failed to sustain either cause of action by proof of sufficient probative force.” In his opinion, the “baby” technique of singing did not originate with Kane. Well, look at that! I wonder how many other Black stars have had their whole entire aesthetic taken by a White star who tried to make it their own?
Scholar Robert G.O' Meally said, Betty Boop The WHITE CARTOON herself had, as it were, a BLACK grandmother in her background.

Comment by reader:
Since taken up history in college I found out a lot about how African American Women and men were exploited and have had their hard earned work and creation stolen from them, and were then killed.  Sometimes I feel ashamed to be white.

Comment by reader:
Well you dont have to look too far for that, Justin Timberlake copied all of Michael Jackson, Usher, and Boys to men dancing and stage jokes, and Britney Spears copied all her dancing and stage technique from Janet Jackson.  Rip to all black american artists.

Comment by reader:
Whooo as a white girl and  in my late teens, I still watch old cartoons, BETTY BOOP has always been a favourite of mine, I will definately have to look further into this, Im not saying that there is anything wrong with idolising a sexy cartoon character black or white, its just that its good to know for sure who is who and what is what.

Comment by reader:

If this is true, I feel sad for Ms. Esther Jones, or baby Esther as she was known by her stage name. May her poor gentle soul find peace and closure.

Baby Esther was presumed dead by 1934, just when the lawsuit had ended.

source hellobeautiful.com and others

HereKitty

HereKitty

that is very sad.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum