CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
Boss man of the year EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
Boss man of the year EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
Boss man of the year EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
Boss man of the year EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
Boss man of the year EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
Boss man of the year EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
Boss man of the year EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
Boss man of the year EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]Boss man of the year …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]Boss man of the year …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boss man of the year

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OH Boss man of the year Mon 29 Apr 2013 - 21:10

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

jamaica news

Boss man of the year FritzpinnockA20130425GT

Dr Fritz Pinnock ... the man in charge! - Gladstone Taylor/Photographer

Boss man of the year FritzpinnockK20130425GT

Dr Fritz Pinnock happily shows off the awards he received, having been declared Boss of the Year by the Jamaica Association of Administrative Professionals. - Gladstone Taylor/Photographer
1 2 >

Latoya Grindley, Staff Reporter
When your staff nominates you for the Jamaica Association of Administrative Professional's (JAAP) Boss of the Year award, you can pat yourself on the back knowing that you are held in very high regard by your team. And it should be an even greater feeling when after going through the selection process, you are declared the winner!
Dr Fritz Pinnock, executive director of the Caribbean Maritime Institute of Jamaica, is the boss whose vision and leadership style have resulted in a team-oriented work environment, working towards a common goal.
Serving as executive director for six years, Pinnock told Flair that getting his staff to believe in his vision was very important to him. It came with challenges, but with his ability to lead by example, he won over their full support.
"I am very purpose-driven and goal-oriented. When I came here initially, my challenge was to have the staff buy into the vision that I had. But I am not daunted by challenges." Assuming the responsibility of managing a team, especially in such a capacity, Pinnock notes that it very important to remain professional.
"I don't even like the word boss or leader. I prefer chief servant as I subscribe to the principles of the Bible. Often, there is a conflict between rights and responsibilities in leadership and I believe the higher you move up on the leadership ladder, responsibilities increase and rights decrease. As a leader, you are the face of the organisation; it is your responsibility to always represent it in the best way."
No stranger to top managerial positions, Pinnock revealed that he landed his first managerial position at the age of 21, when he served as group manager for research and development at Lannaman and Morris (Shipping Limited).
Having progressed and moved on to serve in other management positions over the years, Pinnock explains that to lead effectively, one has to have the ability to influence and maintain a good rapport with staff.
"Influence should not come from position but with the relationships with staff members. You have to build a special relationship with staff members. People work well with those they trust."
With an undergraduate degree in economics and accounting, Pinnock told Flair that his working in shipping and logistics was by chance.
"I knew for sure that I did not want to work in a caged environment. How I got into shipping is a funny story. While in my final year at university, I met a woman who was in the industry and I was very impressed with her professional outlook and poise."
He was so impressed that he decided to call his first employer at Lannaman and Morris, and spoke directly to the owner, requesting a meeting.
"I told him that I would like to meet with him to discuss how I could add value to his company."
He got that one chance to create an impression and that he did! Having left quite an impression, a post was created for him in the capacity of group manager for research and development."
study logistics
With stints at GraceKennedy where he served in its transportation division, Pinnock went on to pursue a master's degree in shipping and logistics.
"Back in 1989 when I decided to study logistics, people thought I was crazy because it was not popular then."
Coming out of the private sector, Pinnock ventured into unfamiliar territory when he took up his current post at the Caribbean Maritime Institute.
This journey, he claims, has been nothing but fulfilling.
"Coming out of the private sector to see youngsters, especially from the inner cities, breaking barriers is very exciting. We have many success stories here and I can say to you that employment rate is very high for our graduates."
With a strong family connection and the support of a strong and supportive father, Pinnock said that the love he received as a child, he demonstrates to his students.
According to him, a third of the school's population is at-risk youths. Reaching out to them is one of his ways of contributing to the nation's development by giving these youngsters hope.
"It is really one of my out-of-the-box strategies. I want to see them earning real money. That is what keeps me going. If you want to kill a nation, remove hope."
With a doctorate degree under his educational belt, Pinnock is also an author, with his most recent work titled Caribbean Cruise Tourism: Power Relations Among Stakeholders.
Having been declared Boss of the Year by JAAP, Pinnock took home the award for the Kingston chapter. The organisation has five chapters- St James, St Ann, Portland and Manchester.
"It is a humbling experience and I see this as a great responsibility. It is a platform through which I can give back and help with national development. I will also work on the rebranding of the association," he told Flair.
A father of two girls and a husband to his wife Lois, this boss enjoys reading (which he does every day for two hours), tennis and powerboating.
latoya.grindley@gleanerjm.com

2OH Re: Boss man of the year Wed 1 May 2013 - 12:46

greatrain

greatrain

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you.Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum