CrazyFruits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CrazyFruits

everything under the sun CrazyFruits.forumotion.com

Similar topics
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of FAIR & CLEAR SKIN! on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of CrazyFruits on your social bookmarking website

Latest topics
» Beyonce is the lady in red 1990s to early 2000
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySun 5 Jun 2022 - 21:03 by frenchy

» Prayer for protection from evil eyes
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 7:03 by YesAdmin

» Fashion Icon Beyonce Appreciation Thread
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:44 by frenchy

»  TYSON BECKFORD MODEL FOR BEYONCÉ’S LATEST IVY PARK CAMPAIGN
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:28 by frenchy

» Reggae Randy Linstead Market song awesome
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:20 by FunSizeKitty

» ONENESS by David Robinson Wow!
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 6:09 by NiceGal

» RASTA MOUSE: Omygod this is awesome
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptyThu 12 May 2022 - 5:53 by KerryVery

» Starch Health Benefits
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:36 by MoneyGodess

» The many benefits of using cocoa butter
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:22 by MoneyGodess

» Dream about water and fishes
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:20 by MoneyGodess

» John Sinclair is a dub poet and writer
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:16 by MoneyGodess

» SEXY kerry hilson talks new movie
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:13 by MoneyGodess

» Where is model sedene blake? she is in the middle of this pic
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:08 by MoneyGodess

» How to Use Olive Oil and Sugar to Soften Hands
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:05 by MoneyGodess

» Private school to study Meghan Markle as part of 'white privilege' lessons
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 7:02 by MoneyGodess

» The exotic fruits of Jamaica
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:50 by MoneyGodess

» Brief Story of a cowboy legend John Ware
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:47 by MoneyGodess

» New poetry book enigmatic rise robotic realm
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:37 by MoneyGodess

» Tassel Chrystal Elaine Daley is a writier an advocate for self appreciation
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:34 by MoneyGodess

» JUSTINE SKYE HOTTEST PICS ON THE INTERNET
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid EmptySat 30 Apr 2022 - 6:32 by MoneyGodess

It's Fast Approaching Winter But So Sunny Outside

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 7:25 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/215]Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid …

Comments: 0

For the anxious and depressed people

Thu 15 Nov 2018 - 4:37 by After8mint

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19941549/210]Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid …

Comments: 0

US formally tells UN it wants out of Paris climate accord

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:55 by UsainBolt2

WASHINGTON – The Trump administration on …

Comments: 1

Usain Bolt beaten by two Americans in final 100-meter race

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:50 by After8mint

Usain Bolt's farewell party was spoiled by a pair …

Comments: 3

Usain lost his bolt during final hurray nearing his retirement plan

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:45 by After8mint

Comments: 2

Usain Bolt retirement has stalled by two american one was his arch rival gatlin

Sun 6 Aug 2017 - 3:51 by After8mint

Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo dies, Chinese government says

Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 0:02 by BigBossAdmin

BEIJING -- Jailed activist and Nobel Peace …

9-year-old applies for alien-fighting job, NASA responds

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:47 by UsainBolt2

A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to …

Acute migraine drug succeeds in late-stage study

Sat 5 Aug 2017 - 10:51 by UsainBolt2

Eli Lilly and Co said on Friday said its acute …

Top posting users this week
No user

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BOBmarleyADMIN

BOBmarleyADMIN
Admin
Admin

With an increase in focus on the female entrepreneur, the boss lady has been busy traversing the path of being the successful and influential business owner.
This week we highlight two boss ladies who have been holding their own.

Judy Benjamin
Veronica Reid (left) with Frederique Gentil, designer.
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid JudyBoss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid Veronica
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid JudyBoss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid Veronica
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid Loading

Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid XJudy Benjamin

Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid Restore
#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid Left1/2 Boss ladies - Judy Benjamin and Dr Veronica Reid Right

Judy Benjamin — JohnsonBenjamin & Associates Limited

JUDY Benjamin is a leader in real estate in Jamaica, with a career that spans over 12 years. Her passion and expertise were honed in several corporate capacities, beginning at Century 21 Heave Ho Properties, then within the Jamaica National Building Society where she developed solutions such as the JNBS Realtors Affiliate Programme as well as deepened the relationship between JNBS and local housing developers.
It was out of a personal situation, however -- her own house-hunting -- that the idea to open her business was born.
"I was in the market to buy a home and thought that some areas of the business could be improved to ensure a better customer experience. Of course, I also wanted to be financially wealthy and owning and operating a business is one avenue to take. Moreso, I love the independence and freedom to create and influence something that lines up with my vision and ideals," she said.
JohnsonBenjamin & Associates Limited was then established in January 2012 -- a combo of her experiences and that of partner Howard Johnson Jr -- on the premise of simplifying the real estate experience. Benjamin has been accomplishing this by providing an environment of ease to clients and treating everyone with respect, no matter their circumstances.
She notes that to become an entrepreneur it's important to "follow your gut".
"Have confidence in the decisions made and learn lessons quickly and well," she said.
It is this advice that continues to drive her successes.
She has, of course, faced difficulties growing and developing the business, but admitted that her greatest challenge stems from a personal flaw.
"I tend to be a very direct, straightforward person, so I come across as sharp. I have had to temper my sometimes abrasive personality to ensure that the team is not offended and harmony exists."
As for rewarding moments, Benjamin cited the realisation of one year in operation as one of her most proud to date.
When not matching persons with their perfect homes, the mother of two teens -- Christian, 17 and Gabrielle, 15 -- indulges in watching football and athletics (live), and engaging in social activities with family and friends.
Advice to potential female entrepreneurs:
1. Start with prayer and end with prayer.
2. Spend some time visualising your business from all stakeholders' point of view
3. Get a good attorney and accountant/auditor
4. Surround yourself with solid people who see your vision
5. Understand your financials and your financial position at all times.
6. Spend on marketing and publicity.
Veronica Reid, PhD — Beautiful Earth Natural Hair Haven

DR Veronica Reid is a confident, highly motivated woman who is having a noticeably positive impact on the natural hair care industry in Jamaica through her Beautiful Earth Natural Hair Haven salon.
Having completed her PhD in business and management at the University of Nottingham, England, Reid returned home "with the express purpose of opening a business".
"I had crafted business plans for my hair salon and product line as I was interested in providing chemical-free products and services to Jamaicans because this is something that I did not see easily available here," she said.
As with all start-ups, Reid's biggest challenge was getting the word out about her salon, but she overcame this through excellence in customer service and staff management. Actually, she admitted that one critical lesson learnt was that "the members of your team are extremely critical to the realisation of your goals".
"The staff in your business will make or break your business. If you are not able to transfer your vision to those that work with you, you will be in serious trouble," she said.
Reid counts among her most rewarding moments being able to provide employment for others in this financial climate as well as the time "when I was approached by a potential investor after only a year in business"
"It meant to me that others saw what I saw in my business, and helped to validate my belief that it can go much further."
Having enjoyed success in business, Reid advises potential entrepreneurs to get over the fear of failure.
"Some people are afraid to listen to themselves, but as an entrepreneur, you have to learn to trust your gut. You're your best advisor. Sometimes others may not see the vision until you bring it to fruition so you have to take that first step, and another, and another. And most importantly, don't wait until everything is perfect; start something and start it today."
The Spanish Town native, who is a proud St Jago alum, readily admits that she is doing something she loves and is motivated to work on day and night.
"I'm motivated to provide high quality service to women and men who want to flaunt their natural hair and to support local manufacturers of products like coconut oil, castor oil, and crafts like earrings. I'm also motivated by my employees, as I feel good providing employment to previously unemployed or underemployed women who have skills that may not otherwise be fully utilised."
Reid has many plans for her business, including expansion of the product line, adding to her services by offering facial services and natural nail services, and opening a new branch of the salon this summer.
When not devising winning entrepreneurial strategies, the mother of a 'strong-willed' six-month-old baby girl loves to read, watch documentaries and travel.

specialrights

specialrights

boss is boss don is don

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum